The simplest, most crucial, and yet provoking thing to accomplish is establishing a communication platform. Information is sent two ways, via text messages and apps, unless you want to call every single parent…didn’t think so. Each one has its pros and cons, but still effective. I’ve listed some pros and cons to help you with some of the homework, and hopefully it will help you decide which route to take for your team.
- Simple and gets the job done.
- Better route for those in league play, since its short term.
- No app downloading required.
- No excessive data usage needed.
- Too much information creates long feed.
- Original message gets pushed further down the feed.
- Messages may need to be resent.
- Multiple group messages may be needed.
Smart Phone Apps
There are many different apps out there that can effectively do the job. The question you may find yourself asking is which is app is best for your team? My advice is to pick the top 3 apps and compare them with the requirements you need to successfully communicate with all the parents. My next post will compare some apps in great detail, but for now here are my pros and cons on using apps for communication.
- User friendly and effective.
- Everyone receives messages at same time.
- Ability to leave comments without pushing message down feed.*
- Multiple features available to report repetitive information.*
- Allows room for detailed messaging.
*Depending on app used
- Smart phone required for downloading and use.
- Best used for long term, such as travel ball.
- Creating account required, but free!*
- Invite must be sent to individual in order to join.
Never forget the importance of communication, and the vitality it has on your success as a team mom. Do not think for a second that you will over communicate. I was never considered a nuisance, nor told that I send way too many messages. In fact I was always thanked for going the extra mile.
Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!